Thursday, July 11, 2013

Feline Friday: The Cute for the Heck of It Version

Okay--technically, today is still Thursday (for at least a few more hours). But I'm putting this up early because A) I have to leave early tomorrow morning to pick up a friend at the mechanic's before work, so I won't have time to do it then and B) a dentist tortured me for an hour and a half this morning (first by fitting me for a crown, which involves, apparently, grinding down most of the existing tooth--OW--and then by charging me over $1,000 for the privilege--OW OW) and I needed to look at cute cat pictures.

Incidentally, the actual procedure wasn't all that bad. Now, however, it hurts like a son of a bitch. Phooey. (On the other hand, the tooth was cracked, and had been hurting on and off for the last two years, and just plain on for the last three months, so if the torture actually fixes that, once the screaming dies down, it will be worth it.)

I hope that no one tortured you today. But if they did, here is some cute:

Samhain, Angus (who couldn't NOT be goofy if he tried...and he doesn't try very hard), and Mystic. Lying on my car research. Thanks, Mystic. Very helpful.

Samhain, sitting on my lap and "allowing" me to pet her.

Mystic, who always sleeps in oddball positions, and REALLY doesn't fit on that chair.

Okay--you caught me...that's not a cat :-) It's Hugh Jackman. But he sure is cute. You're welcome.

Happy Friday, everyone.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the cats. And for Hugh Jackman. Very nice to view today!

    Hope you are feeling less ouchy today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tooth is still pretty ouchy, but I feel better every time I look at that picture :-)

      Delete
  2. Your kitties make me smile, so thanks for sharing their pictures.

    I also have crowns, nine to be exact, and I bless the dentists who did them. Without them, I'd either be toothless or wearing dentures. I've even had to have a root canal done, THROUGH a crown. It all turned out well. While I don't love going to the dentist, I know for a fact, my health would have been compromised without the excellent dental care I've received.

    I hope your experience turns out well. I'm sure you'll be happy once it's over. Have a pain free, happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy,
      NONE? You have my sympathy! This is my second crown. The first one was put on post-root canal, so I didn't feel it (although I sure as hell felt the root canal), and they had to redo the root canal later, and yes, went right up through the crown. My dentist told me I might still need a root canal on this tooth, in which case they might do the same thing. Sigh. But you're right--it beats not having teeth.

      Delete
  3. I hope the pain is receding and thank you especially for the Hugh Jackman picture. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your mouth heals up quickly and feels better! Looking at cat pictures (and simply being with your cats) should definitely help. :) Once again, your cats are adorable. I wish mine would cuddle together on the same piece of furniture. Maybe someday, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll note that they weren't exactly cuddling. On the same piece of furniture, yes, but with a bit of space between them all and Angus in between Mystic and Samhain :-)

      Delete
  5. I did experience some torture today so thanks for the cute cure!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis