Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Faerie Festival Time!

Despite the lingering effects of my cold and the less-than-perfect weather (it had been raining for days, and rain was predicted again in the afternoon), my pal Ellen and I set out for the Faerie Festival last Sunday.
The Faerie Queen and King lead the processional.
The New York Faerie Festival, put on for three days in lovely Ouaquaga, NY (near Binghamton) just celebrated its fifth year, and it gets better every time.

As always, we met up with my friend Robin, who lives with her hubby and my goddess-children Sophie and Nate a convenient 5 minutes from where the festival is held. It was hot, and there was a LOT of mud, but as always, we had a great time. (And the rain very kindly held off until we were on the way home.)

If you ever get a chance to go to this event, I highly recommend it. Fabulous music, lovely handmade crafts, and lots of crazy folks dressed up as faeries, trolls, goblins, and more. There was even a dragon...and a light green faerie dog.
Here's me and my two favorite kids (who were incredibly well-behaved this year)

Nate wearing the little horns I bought him, and looking devilishly handsome as usual.
Ellen walking the labyrinth
 
Nate and Sophie with some friends...
 Robin and the kids
Me and Sophie at the end of a long, hot, but FUN day. That's it until next year!



5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I love the horns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! It looks like a great festival to attend and your little pixy goddess-children are very cute! Glad the rain held off until you came home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are possibly the most adorable children on the planet. Not that I am in any way biased :-)

      Delete
  3. That looks wonderful, and the kids are adorbs! I'm so glad you're feeling better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis