Monday, September 30, 2013

The Really Wonderful Fabulous Day

This weekend was mostly about madly working on revisions on Baba Yaga 2 before sending them off to my editor Leis, and tearing out part of the garden, but in between, I managed to spend time with some of my favorite people--my friend Robin and her kids, my goddess-children Sophie (6) and Nate (5).

As regular readers of this blog will already know, the Wright clan (including hubby George, who was off coaching soccer and couldn't join us) are as much extended family as they are friends, and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like since they moved about 45 minutes away some years ago.

But when we do get together, boy do we have fun!

 I picked up four little pumpkins from the local farmstand store and we decorated them with markers (way less messy than trying to carve out big ones). The (coff) grown-ups had just as much fun as the kids, and Robin and I got to chat and catch up as we all sat around the dining room table.
 I'm not sure which was cuter--Nate or his pumpkin. (And look at the chalkboard placemat on the table--I got them each one from The Artisans' Guild and Nate wrote his name!)
 Sophie may be only six, but she has a very sophisticated palate (Nate wants to be a chef when he grows up, so it is a very foodie household). She requested sunflower seeds and dried cranberries on her turkey sandwich.
 We also had apple cider and apple cider donuts from the same farmstand store. Yum! (The extra couple of donuts got sent home for Daddy, because I am just that nice.)
 Sophie and Nate showing off their chalkboard art.
 We didn't really do anything special-just hung out together and had fun. But it was still a Really Wonderful Fabulous Day and one I'll remember for a long time to come.
I hope you did something fun this weekend too!

Now I'm off to The Artisans' Guild to redo the front window with shop co-founder Ellie, then go out to lunch with her and our friend Bobbie to celebrate Ellie's [number redacted] birthday :-) After that...revisions!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable kids, adorable pumpkins. Love your monster face and Sophie's sandwich sounds amazing. So glad you had a lovely day. :)

    My weekend was very quiet and relaxing which is good, since this week leans into crazy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a LOT of adorable around, and yes, I do an excellent monster face :-)

      Don't all your weeks lean into crazy? Mine seem to lately.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice day. Did you deliberately play off of Alexander's No Good...Day in your blogpost title? If so - clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course I did :-) I'm a literary kind of girl...

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you got the chance to visit with friends -- we can get so wrapped up in being busy that we forget to be busy having fun! This is a wonderful reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working REALLY hard the last bunch of years. I have started to focus more on trying to make time for the important people in my life. Work will always be there, after all, and people won't. Besides--time with friends and family feeds the soul.

      Delete

ShareThis