Thursday, July 5, 2012

Witchcraft for the Paranormal Author class

A number of years ago (I don't remember how many), someone (I don't remember who...but I think it might have been the lovely folks from the Low Country RWA chapter) asked me if I would be willing to come up with an online workshop for fiction authors who were writing about witches and wanted some factual information to help them make their characters more accurate.

The result was the "Witchcraft for the Paranormal Author" class, and that was the beginning of my online workshop-giving career. That class is still my most popular one, and I've given it on various loops across the interwebs, including the FF&P (Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal) RWA chapter, where I was thrilled to have one workshop go-round attended by both Katie MacAlister and Linda Wisdom--multi-published authors whose work I like a lot.

I'm not giving that class, or any others, on other folks loops anymore, because they usually last about 3 weeks, and I just can't spare the time from my writing. Instead, I'm giving shorter classes on my own workshop loop (set up by the fabulous Heather Long).

As an experiment, I'm going to try giving the Witchcraft for the Paranormal Author class there too...in 5 days, instead of 3-4 weeks. Gulp. If you haven't taken the class yet, and you have any interest in writing paranormals that contain witches or other magical folk, I hope you'll join me!

The class runs July 16-20, and registration closes on the 15th, so run--quick like a bunny!--and sign up now. Also, if you want to spread the word to all your friends who might be interested, I'd be very, very grateful.

*blows kisses*

You can sign up here http://witchywritingwithdeborahblake.blogspot.com/ See you in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis