Monday, June 7, 2010

It's here! The new book is in!!!!

I got an email this afternoon from Becky Zins, my wonderful production editor at Llewellyn, telling me that she had finished the final proof edits on WITCHCRAFT ON A SHOESTRING (due out in September) and she would be overnighting them to me so I could look them over ASAP.

In case you haven't figured it out by reading this blog, publishing is usually a matter of "hurry up and wait." You spend a lot of time waiting for things to happen, and when they do, you have a very short amount of time to deal with them.

When I wrote her back, saying, "No problem--I've cleared my plate," I got this in return:
"And when it rains, it pours . . . your latest book will accompany your proofs. They just came in from the warehouse! :)"

The book is in! The book is in!

By the latest book, she means, of course, EVERYDAY WITCH A TO Z SPELLBOOK



The official release date on the Spellbook is July 1st, but since Llewellyn has received their copies, it may show up early in bookstore and online. Feel free to run out and look for it in a week or two, and be sure and tell me if you spot a copy.

In fact, the first person to send me a picture of a copy of EVERYDAY WITCH A TO Z SPELLBOOK sitting on a bookstore shelf (or at their house!) will win an autographed copy of the book! Yes, I'm that excited.

You see, there is a lot of waiting when you write a book. The actual writing takes months, of course, and then usually there is about a year and a half before the book comes out. Which is why it is so darned wonderful to be able to say

THE BOOK IS HERE! (Or at least, nearly here.)Yay SPELLBOOK!

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!! It is so adorable on the cover. I am excited to see it soon! : ) Congratulations! You deserve such wonderful gifts this week!! Any beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo so exciting - don't think I'll win the comp though cause everything takes aaagggeeess to get to NZ. But congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yay Spellbook" indeed! I can't wait to buy my copy!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, what a gorgeous cover. I will look in Saratoga Borders & Barnes & Noble for you!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis