Monday, February 1, 2010

Pantheacon plans

In about 10 days, I will be flying (by plane, not broomstick) out to California. This rare cross-country trip has two purposes: visit my family in San Diego, and go to Pantheacon.

Pantheacon, for those of you not familiar with it, is one of the biggest Pagan conventions in the country [maybe the biggest indoor one]. It is held every year around the time of Presidents' weekend in February. This year, that means Feb. 12-15. Pantheacon takes place in San Jose at the fabulous Doubletree Hotel (although I think the location is changing as of next year). The convention itself is quite inexpensive; $75 for 4 days of workshops, rituals, and fun, fun, fun. If you live in the area and have any interest in any aspect of Paganism, you should definitely go check it out.

I will only be there for part of the long weekend, since I am combining my visit with a journey to San Diego to see family (6 days is the outside of my comfort zone for being away from home and kitties). I'll be getting in at around noon on Thursday the 11th, and leaving around 3 PM on Saturday. If you're going to be there, I hope you'll come looking for me!

The easiest way to find me will be to come to one or both of the workshops I'm giving. [When I went to my first Pcon 2 years ago, after only having one book out, I had over 60 people come to the workshop I gave. Man, did that rock!] The workshops are as follows:
"Witchcraft on a Shoestring: Practicing the Craft without Breaking the Bank" Friday at noon, in the Silicon Valley room (2nd floor)
"Crafting and Casting the Perfect Spell" Saturday at 9 AM in the Santa Clara room (1st floor)
I hope you'll come join me! Both workshops are based in part on the books I have coming out this year, and I'll be giving away coupons for those books, and even a few free prizes! You can also get a copy of one of my current books, signed by me!

On Friday night, I will enjoy one of the highlights of the trip--having dinner and hanging out with my wonderful Llewellyn editor, Elysia Gallo. After dinner, we have "sekret" plans... I'll have to report about that after I get back. I've also promised to write up a report for pal Rebecca at The Magical Buffet.

One of the best parts of this trips--besides hanging out with cool witchy folks, buying cool witchy stuff, and generally having a great time--will be spending some time with my step-daughter, Jenn. Jenn went with me the last time, and we had a blast together. Now she is living in Miami, but she'll be flying out to join me for the Panthecon leg of the trip!

More on the trip later...I hope to see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis