Friday, August 8, 2014

Feline Friday: The Busy Summer Version


Is it just me, or is this summer just whizzing by? Maybe it is because I am trying to juggle writing and book promo and household repairs and the Sekrit Project...or maybe the space-time continuum really is changing. You know, just at my house. What do you think? Is your summer whipping by at the speed of light?

Here's some of what's been going on this week, besides the (OMG!) release of the Wickedly Magical novella and accompanying celebration giveaway.

I got a new fridge, because the old one tried really hard to die on the Friday evening of the 4th of July 3-day weekend. Of course, I bought the new one on July 6th, they couldn't deliver it until this last Wednesday...and by the time I got the new one, the old one seemed to be working perfectly again. Sigh. I keep telling myself that if I hadn't bought the new one, the old one would have died for sure. Interestingly, I got exactly the same model, so it is almost as though nothing changed. Except this:


See how CLEAN and organized it is? That will never happen again. (If you look closely, you can see a bottle of champagne on the far right of the bottom shelf on the door. I'm opening it on September 2nd. Who's going to join me?)

Things are blooming like crazy in my yard and garden. No, I am not even remotely keeping up with it.

 The garden.
 Black-eyes Susans in the yard.
The perfect summer dinner: sauteed new potatoes and onions with homemade pesto (all out of my garden), corn, cukes, and tomatoes (a few of which were mine, although most of them are still green) and my own basil and parsley. Yum.

I've got a Guy, who is helping out with the yard and garden, and also staining the decks (I tried doing it myself last year, and my tendonitis was Not Happy). He explained to me this morning that when he was staining the side deck earlier this week while I was at work, he had to reach the top bits by standing in my wheelbarrow. (WTF?) It turned out he had a good reason not to use the ladder. (Don't worry; I showed him where the step stool lives.)


 Yes, some bird built a nest on top. Silly bird. (No, we didn't touch it.)

Of course, cats REALLY know how to spend the long summer days.
Reading:



And relaxing, preferably in a patch of sun:
Mystic. No, the window isn't small. The cat is just very large.

Minerva, enjoying the patch of sun on the couch

Mystic and Magic, napping on the bed. More sun.

Magic wanted to know why I was disturbing her nap.

Of course, at night, they have to supervise my writing. It's not as though I could do it without them.

I hope your summer is going well, and that you are finding time to read and relax, with or without cats. Are you doing anything fun this summer? The cats wanted me to ask you. So, are you?

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's already August. I think the space-time continuum warp is extending through Florida.

    Those vegetables look so delicious, I'm getting hungry and I just had lunch! Congratulations on spectacular produce.

    I know how you feel about the bird nest situation. We had two mockingbird nests in separate shrubs and every time I tried to prune around them the birds would dive bomb me. I gave up and had the weirdest looking shrubs in the neighborhood until the babies left (or predators got them) and I could prune and remove the old nests. I checked and mockingbirds are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918, so you can't remove the nests when there are eggs or nestlings. The things you learn from the interwebs.

    Tell the cats I'm trying to enjoy the pool in between thunderstorms, but there haven't been many storm free days lately. But no hurricanes so far, so everything's good.

    Hope all goes well with all the projects you're juggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had an unusually stormy season too. I'm looking forward to a (theoretical) four days of warm and sunny. No pool, though.

      Delete
  2. Time is just whipping past like utility poles from a train.

    Mystic's window is just the right size.

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis