Friday, October 11, 2013

Feline Friday: Samhain Takes Over


Not Samhain the upcoming holiday, that is, but Samhain the cat (so named because she is orange and black, like the colors of the holiday).

Speaking of orange and black, some folks from my Crystals & Gemstones class asked me to make one more necklace in the traditional "stones" of amber and jet. It's over at my Etsy shop for those who were interested, just in time for the holiday.
Here's a pic, for the curious:
Oh, and my lovely webmistress, the brilliant Annette (Jar O'Marbles) figured out a way to add the newsletter sign-up here, so it is over to the left top, should you want it.

Now, on to the important stuff--FELINE FRIDAY!!!! (Hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to be pulling out the rest of the garden, cleaning the house, and working on--redacted--writing project. Heheheheh.]

 Samhain seems to think that I am for climbing on. (The angle is weird because I took the picture myself and just aimed in what I figured was the right direction.) She will actually ride around on my shoulder quite a bit, less because she adores me than because she knows Mystic the giant kitty can't get her when she's up there. Thank goodness she only weights 6.7 lbs.
 If she's not riding on me, she's lying on me.

Although sometimes she just does solo cute. Could you argue with that face? Nope, I didn't think so.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl. You just want to reach through the internet and give her some lovies.

    The necklace is lovely. Is there some significance to using amber and jet together or is that just artistic creativity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber and jet are supposed to be a very old combination used by witches (and probably others). They have found amber and jet necklaces dating back thousands of years.

      Delete
  2. I love that necklace, it's so beautiful!

    Samhain is sweet and cute and the prettiest calico I've seen. And of course you're for climbing and riding on! Just as my housemate is for lying upon (even when she's reading or trying to use her laptop) --- and Plum takes up a LOT of real estate! :) We are all slaves ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is amazing! And so is little Samhain! You know I'm a sucker for that adorable little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some cute cats, lady, but Samhain is the cutest of them all. (Don't tell the others I said so!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're sorry, Deborah is not available at this time. Please try back later.
      Love,
      Magic the Cat (who is definitely the cutest)

      Delete
    2. Dearest Magic,
      I hate to contradict you but you're not cute. You're gorgeous, elegant, absolutely and irrefutably stunning. Cute is for rookies, not the Queen of the Universe.
      Love,
      Me

      Delete
    3. Dear Lisa,
      You are clearly a wise and clever woman.
      Here, have a dead mouse.
      Love,
      Magic the Cat

      Delete

ShareThis