WIP Progress Meter

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Spell to Ease a Pet's Passing

I just got an email from one of my readers and a follower of this blog, telling me that one of her rescue animals was dying of cancer and asking me if I knew of a spell to make a pet's passing easier and more comfortable. I had to tell her I'd never come across anything like that. But her story touched me--I've been there many times myself, and will no doubt be there again--so I wrote a spell for her dog Noelle.

Then it occurred to me that it was something other people might be able to use. It will probably end up in one of my books someday, but in the meanwhile, here it is. I hope you never need to use it, but if you do, I  hope it helps.

Here's love for you, my gentle friend
With gratitude for time together
Here's ease of passing at the end
And joyful sunny weather

I hope you run and jump and play
Into the Summerlands
We'll meet again some time and day
Safe in the Lady's hands

Peace to you and quiet ease
Go with the Lady's grace
Love is yours and will not cease
My heart will keep your place

6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. Really beautiful. I hope you do put it in a book someday. Maybe a book full of spells for pet owners? Include some accessory stuff, like use of herbs, oils, stones, etc.?

    You write truly lovely spells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Of course, I wrote it very late at night, so it might need some tweaking...

      Delete
  2. *sniffle* *sob* beautiful. I said it for those already gone. I hope I won't have to use it for awhile but it will go (attributed, of course), in my Book of Shadows! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. It was very late at night when I wrote it (I really should have gone to bed, but I couldn't sleep until I responded to the note.)

      Delete
  3. My friend just lost her sweet old dog and is mourning. I decided to scour the interwebs for something moving to ease her pain, & voilĂ ! I've discovered you! Beautiful words & the perfect note of hope & love!

    It made me cry. Selfishly, as the love of my
    Life, my black kitteh I raised from 5 weeks old, was diagnosed with lymphoma and FIV two years ago. BUT he's been in remission since diagnosis!!! So I'm very fortunate to have such treasured, exquisite time with him.


    I'll come back and check on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis