Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A New Car Update: Meet Luna Caerulea

As many of you know, I got a new car a couple of weeks ago. A NEW new car, as opposed to a used new-to-me car, for the first time ever.

I asked my blog readers to help me name her, and got a lot of great suggestions. After taking some time to get to know the car, I have decided to go with Danyelle's idea: LUNA CAERULEA
Luna Caerulea is Latin for "blue moon" and not only is the car blue, but if you look closely at the license plate above, you will see that she already has her name on her. [The blumoonc on the plate is actually in honor of Blue Moon Circle, my coven, but it still works]. Also, I love Latin, and I think the name sounds very cool. Caerulea is pronounced SER-ool-YA, in case you were wondering.

So thank you Danyelle, and be sure to email me at magicmysticminerva at yahoo to let me know which book you'd like signed and where you want me to send it.

So far, I am really liking the car. All the folks who told me they had one and loved it were right on (THANKS, REBECCA!). It drives like a dream, shifting smoothly and handling well. The hatchback, higher roof, and fold-down rear seats make for a lot of storage room. We took our first trip to the dump already and it was great. (Well, as great as a trip to the dump can be.) There are a couple of minor design flaws--there is a blind spot on the driver's side when you are trying to merge onto the highway...obviously, that's Not Good. Someone suggested adding a small "fish-eye" mirror to the bottom of the side mirror, and I'm going to look for one of those and try it. There's also a large raised knob on the dashboard (for temp control) that is placed where you are likely to periodically whack it with your hand when you shift. *eyeroll* Clearly, the engineers who designed it never sat in the damned car. And there are a few annoying pre-programmed automatic door locking issues. These can be fixed by reprogramming the car, but the instructions take three pages in the manual (not kidding) and when my pal Robin and I spent 20 minutes trying to get it to reset, it wouldn't stay that way. So I'm going to have to take it back to the dealer and make them do it. Still, all in all, I really love the car, and feel like I made the right choice. Whew. [It's a damned good thing, because I am likely to have the car for at least the next 15 years!]

There was a minor upset yesterday. Believe it or not, I got rear-ended while I was sitting at a yield sign. Yes, that's right--two weeks and one day after I got the car. Fortunately, the (coff) impatient (coff--using that instead of a rude word) woman behind me only hit me going about 5 miles per hour, and the car didn't get so much as a scratch. My neck was a little sore afterward, and my nerves a bit jangled, but both Luna Caerulea and I are fine. (Thanks to a friend who made an emergency visit in the evening to do Reiki on me, the neck is much better this morning.)

THIS is why I much prefer to get used cars...ones that have been pre-dinged by their former owners, so I don't have to worry about that first dent or scratch! Which reminds me, I really need to do some protection magic today....

Which reminds me--anyone interested in a post about protection magic?

Oh, and just as a tease, I should let you know I have interesting news to announce soon. THREE pieces of interesting news (all separate), in fact. But I can't say anything quite yet...stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry someone bumped your car! Glad it wasn't harder than that. Even with my mom's RAV4, I still get itchy about any potential dings because the thing was almost pristine when I inherited it. I understand.

    Yes, I am totally interested in a post on protection magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your car, but glad it wasn't too bad.

    Yes, some protection magic would be awesome. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Sorry about the bump and your neck! Have the dealer double-check the bumper when you go get the locks adjusted, as there's soft stuff inside the bumper to absorb the bump that's usually only good for one use. Hopefully the bump more pushed your car forward against the brakes than actually jammed anything. Love the name you've chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh--good to know! Thanks. I'll definitely mention it.

      Delete
  4. Ack, ditto cubed on the post on prot mag - aren't cat claws good for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeep! Glad you and Luna are okay! And YES FISH-EYE MIRRORS! I have one on my passenger's side and used to have one on the driver's side (it fell off, I need to get it replaced), and I use it ALL. THE. TIME. You'd be surprised how many things they're good for. Including when you park, you can easily see if you're within the lines of the parking space. I have mine on the bottom, "inside" corner (closest to the car) and that position seems to work really well. You should be able to find them in the Auto section at Wal-Mart, or likely /any/ auto parts store.

    Love the name! And YES on a protection magic post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Definitely interested in a post about protection magic! My car was just broken into two days ago and it's been on my mind ever since. Glad your car wasn't damaged !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis