Monday, January 2, 2017

The Tarot Deck is OUT! Deborah's Limited Edition

Happy New Year!

And a very happy one it is indeed for those of us who have been waiting for the arrival of the EVERYDAY WITCH TAROT -- it got back from the printer early, and even though it wasn't supposed to be out until January 8th, it is available NOW from Amazon, Llewellyn.com, and probably anyplace else, including your local Indy bookstore, who can special order it for you.

Huzzah!

Plus, it is #1 in New Releases in the Tarot category on Amazon, which needless to say makes me and illustrator Elisabeth Alba very happy!

Day one
 As some of you know, Elisabeth came up with a wonderful limited edition (30 only) set that includes signed bookplates (we're getting together mid-month so we can sign them together!), an original mini-sketch by her, a tin for the cards, and more. It sold out in the first couple of days, which was great, but a few people were sad that they hadn't been able to get one. We don't like sad around here!

So I've been hinting on Facebook that I was going to try to come up with a limited edition of my own, and here it is. Right now, there are only 10 sets available. I had the bags (large enough for both the deck and the book, plus all the other goodies, in case you wanted to keep them together) made up especially for this by one of the artists at my shop, and the little notebooks (to keep track of your readings) made special by another artist. The bookmarks are from the shop too, as are the candles. I didn't want to order too many, in case people weren't interested. But I have enough of the cool cat material to make another 10, probably, if the demand is high. Once that runs out, we've hit the limit for sure!

Here it is: The set includes the tarot deck itself (with the book signed by me, and also by Elisabeth if it is ordered before her visit and you don't mind waiting for her to get here), the bag, the cute little book--it has a kitty on it too!--with a broom pen to write in it. There is also a mini-smudge stick, a candle, and a small amethyst crystal, plus a kitty bookmark to use with the tarot book.


All these limited editions will be slightly different. As you can see, there are variations in the bags (different fringes), two different colors of candles, two different kitty bookmarks, and of course, the crystals are all individual. I'll take requests for preferences as long as I have the ones you want.

Variety is the spice of life! These are going to be one-of-a-kind.
Each set will cost $60, including the $30 card set itself, plus shipping. (Probably about $8 if you are in the States, more if you are outside the country.) I have no idea if anyone will be interested, or if they will disappear as fast as Elisabeth's set did. I guess we'll see! But I did want to offer something to the people who missed out on hers, and my set is a bit more magic-centric, as it were.

If you want one of these, email me at magicmysticminerva@yahoo.com -- first come, first served.

So, I admit I'm curious...did you get a set of the tarot cards? If so, have you received them yet and what do you think? Elisabeth and I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.



14 comments:

  1. First, let me say congrats on getting them out to everyone! And next, I love those cat eyes! Beautiful.
    I'm a new follower and look forward to getting to know you better.
    www.decadentkane.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! That fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually had it tucked away for years, waiting for just the right project. It was going to be a skirt :-)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this idea. Will email you now to see if I can get one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the deck!- gave another as a gift. Plus I was the first reviewer.. hopefully of many more 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend ordered it for my birthday this weekend! Another friend gave me a gorgeous garnet silk scarf to wrap it in. So excited that I'll be able to handle the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What wonderful friends you have! (Garnet is one of my favorite colors.) Enjoy, and Happy Birthday!

      Delete
  6. I pre-ordered these from Amazon in July. Do you know when they will ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people already have received theirs. If you haven't gotten yours from Amazon yet, you should check with them. They're in stock.

      Delete
  7. I picked these up on a whim today while in Barnes and Noble, they aren't the usual sort of deck I like and recently I've been sticking to minimalist two color decks.
    I love the imagery, I got a lot of meanings from the cards on a first glance through and then I started reading the book, just flipping through to random meanings. It was refreshing and fun to read. I can tell this will be a new favorite and I can't wait to dig in and start working with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tarot set. I have tried for years to learn tarot and the other decks just never spoke to me the way this one does. The illustrations are beautiful and make me smile, and the book is easy to understand. Able to journal for the first time, some things that were hidden finally make sense. Thank you Deborah and Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis