Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Yule Dinner Party and a Very Merry Christmas

I'm getting ready to head into the fray...working the last day of shopping before Christmas. The shop is always hopping, and I go in a little late and then stay until the doors are closed (at about 4:10, when the last bewildered man comes in, looks around, gets a mug, and wanders back out again, muttering about needing to start earlier next year). As with other years, our lovely glass blower Erik works this last shift with me. Since he's a Buddhist and I'm a Pagan, this allows all the Christmas celebrating artists to be home with their families.

Our Yule dinner party was a great success, with much merriment and fabulous food.
 The gang around the table--Blue Moon Circle, family, and friends.
 My favorite kids in the whole world, being adorable as always (Love the bow tie!)
 My other favorite "kids" (three of them, anyway), enjoying the homemade catnip toy one of the guests brought for them.
Last but not least, the also-adorable ornament my lovely agent Elaine sent me. You can't make it out in this picture, but the sign it is holding says: Eat. Sleep. Write another book. Deborah Blake. (Subtle, Elaine, subtle!)

I wish all of you who celebrate a very merry Christmas, and I hope that Santa (or someone equally jolly) brings you your heart's desire.

5 comments:

  1. Glad your Holiday celebration was wonderful. Wishing you a wonderful 2014, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's now 4:00, so your day must be winding down now. I hope that all the shoppers and artists had a successful shopping season. Maybe you should collect e-mail addresses and send out gift suggestion e-mails next year to help the procrastinators shop early.

    It looks like everyone had a wonderful time at the Yule dinner. Thanks for sharing your good times with us.

    May the new year bring you peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! The procrastinators will procrastinate, no matter what :-) But we had a good day at the shop, and I am going to relax with a glass of champagne and something simple for dinner.

      Delete
  3. Your celebration looks wonderful! As do all your favorite kids, two-legged and four-legged.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis