Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blue Moon, Summer's End, Celebrations

I meant to post about the blue moon earlier, but, you know...life :-)

Did you get to see it? Here in upstate NY, it was amazing. I gathered to do ritual with Blue Moon Circle (it was our night, after all) and it was wonderful.

Then on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, I got to spend some time with one of our original Blue Mooner's, the lovely Robin, and her family. If you have been coming here for a while, you have probably heard about Robin, hubby George (who put a barn roof on for me this summer, bless him), and my two goddess-children, Sophie and Nate. Nate is going off to pre-K today for the first time! And Sophie is in first grade. Wow. Since the family moved about 45 minutes away, we don't get to see each other nearly as often as I'd like, so it was a real treat to drive up with pal Ellen and spend the day hanging out with the Wrights.
We had a fabulous BBQ with foods from the garden (and the kids made the best deviled eggs I'd ever had, with eggs from their own chickens). It was the perfect end of summer day.



That's ice cream and fresh strawberry rhubarb pie the kids are eating, sitting by the pool. See what I mean?

And a belated happy 50th birthday to my wonderful sister Sarah, who's big day was yesterday. And happy anniversary to my parents, who have been married for 54 years. Freaking amazing, all of them.




So, did anyone else do anything worth celebrating last weekend? And did you see the moon?





5 comments:

  1. I did not see the moon. I forgot to go outside to look for it. And no celebrating, but that's no big deal; I just finished a vacation with lots of celebrating so I'm celebrated out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the full moon in the desert - a first for me! And it was lovely too, although hot, hot, hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see the beautiful moon. And we went to the drive-in. Saw Ice Age 4. The kids with us loved it. Saw The Dark Knight Rises. It was meh but I'm now in lust with Christian Bale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw the first Batman--thought it was okay, and didn't really love Christian Bale as Batman. Oh, well. More of him for you :-)

      Delete

ShareThis