2010: The Year of Dreams Coming to Fruition
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. What I do, however, is chose a theme for my aspirations for the year, and make a list of goals that will help me to work towards fulfilling those aspirations. I tend to focus on “self-improvement” in various forms—mental, physical, spiritual… And, of course, there are always the writing goals.
This year I am feeling really good about where I’m at in life. Not that my life is perfect, or that I have everything I want (although things are pretty good, for the most part, there are things I would improve). Mostly, I feel like I have done a lot of hard work over the last ten years—in a lot of different areas of my life—and I believe much of what I have been working toward is on the verge of coming to fruition. This is the years that dreams come true!
So here are my goals for 2010. Feel free to check back in and ask how I’m doing. You can keep me honest
1. Banish negative thinking and use positive energy to actively manifest my dreams
2. Work towards health (get in better shape physically, balance work/play, re-learn how to relax)
3. Find and connect with the man of my dreams (remember the goblets!)
4. Push back the boundaries of my comfort zone & expand my world by doing things that challenge me
5. Cut credit card debt in half by the end of the year (so I am free to spend money on the important things as necessary without worry)
6. Finish PENTACLES AND PENTIMENTOS by mid-January
7. Finish edits on P & P by the end of January/send out to top 5 agent choices
8. Get agent and fiction book contract by end of year (by birthday if possible!)
9. Boost success of nonfiction by the end of the year, in part by promoting the two new books & giving NF more time and attention
10. Manage online time better; less “social” time and more regular blogging
Overall goal: embrace success and happiness on all fronts!
What are your goals for the year to come? And what do you intend to do to improve yourself or your life? Tell me, please—I’d really like to know!
Cool Stuff Friday
14 hours ago