Saturday, July 7, 2018

At the Faerie Festival

Every year my friends Ellen and Robin (and Robin's kids Sophie and Nate, my goddess children) and I go to the Faerie Festival, about 50 minutes from my house, and five minutes from Robin's. This year Robin's friend Nichole and her four kids joined us, and we had a grand time, despite the insane mid-90's heat and high humidity. Although we did retreat back to Robin's house for a nice BBQ and eating inside the AC...

Here are a few pictures from the event, which is a little bit like a Renaissance Faire with more goblins and trolls...

Me and my darling Sophie

Robin and Nichole and the kids (the troll wasn't ours)

So many cute dogs! Ellen always makes new friends.

Robin and Nate

It was so hot, the hair was up. Me and Nate, looking mildly overheated but happy.

The Faerie Queen, leading the processional.

I loved the tee shirt Sophie put on when we got home.

What's a faire without goodies?  A new oracle deck (bought from the illustrator, a fellow Llewellyn person) and a cool Matrushka key chain that made me think of the Baba Yagas)

One of the artists did all these cool acorn people! Of course I got the one who was reading a book.
I'm already looking forward to next year. And hoping it is a little cooler...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun gathering! I'm surprised that the dog tolerates wearing the wings.I would think that it would be irksome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing you and I absolutely love that you picked the reader acorn. I picked that one up a couple times but never convinced myself to commit. It got the right home with you!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis