Monday, August 25, 2014

Guest Blogs and Upcoming Events

We're heading into the last week before the book release and things are gonna get a little crazy :-) I hope you'll all ride this roller-coaster with me. I need someone to hold my hand!

First off, congratulations to the folks who won the Book Release Celebration Blow Out CONTEST. I sent an email to everyone who won, and the names are also listed at the bottom of the contest form. Don't worry if you didn't win this one--I'm planning to give things away almost every day between now and the release of Wickedly Dangerous on September 2nd, either here or on my Facebook Author Page (you've "liked" me there, right, and then clicked on "receive notifications" underneath the like option...right?) So you're probably going to check back often, since some of these contests will be only one-day affairs.

Secondly, all sorts of lovely people have been kind enough to invite me to be a guest on their blogs in the next few weeks to help spread the word about the book. I hope that my WONDERFUL readers will take a moment to pop over to these places and say hi. You know, so it looks like someone likes me :-)

Today, Raymond Bolton did a seriously in-depth interview of me over on his blog The Write Stuff -- damn, I wish I'd thought of that name -- you might be surprised by some of my answers.

The lovely Karen Rose Smith is talking up the book on her blog. If you go there, be sure to read her earlier posts about Halo, the stray cat she took in recently, and see the progress of Halo's pregnancy and KITTEN PICTURES (warning: the cute may kill you). Karen and I had a great chat on the phone before the kittens were born, since she'd never helped to birth cat babies before, and I'd done it a number of times.

Here's a quick question for y'all:
I am going to be doing a live event online at Bitten by Books on the actual day of the book release, starting at noon PST/3pm EST. Since I'm going to be pretty much glued to the computer that day anyway, I was thinking about having a live event to on Facebook too, where people could ask me questions, say congrats, and win prizes. What do you think? If I did such a crazy thing, would you come?


7 comments:

  1. I sure would come! (As long as I am not working. Which would be terrible if that timed that way...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview; superb excerpt! I knew I was going to buy this as soon as I could. Now I can't wait. (But, sorry, I don't think I can give up ice cream to be able to afford it sooner. ;) )

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeez--you need to work on your priorities :-)

      Delete
    2. Notice I'm not even suggesting giving up coffee!

      Mary Anne in Kentucky

      Delete
  3. Thanks for a superb summary of the current publishing situation. It's sad that this industry is suffering so much due to the (otherwise great) Internet, technological advances, and greater accessibility of reading. Also, the interview was fabulous.l

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis