Friday, July 11, 2014

Feline Friday: The Coming Weekend

How the heck did it get to be Friday? For that matter, how the heck did it get to be July 11th? *blinks*

On the other hand, I have fun plans for this weekend--I'm REALLY looking forward to a visit on Saturday from one of my favorite people, Rebecca Elson of the The Magical Buffet blog, which is less about magic that it is about life. (Although she did just do a review of a book on goddesses that sounded so amazing, I went right out and bought it. Thanks a lot, Rebecca.)

I plan to cook up a simple BBQ for us, and as usual, we will probably just sit around and talk for hours about anything and everything. Rebecca will undoubtedly have her usual argument with Magic the Cat about whether or not cats should be allowed on people's laps at the table. And then, of course, Saturday night is full moon, which I'll be observing by myself because everyone in Blue Moon Circle is off doing something or other.

Then Sunday will be all about catching up with the yard, garden, and writing. Big surprise, right?

So what are you doing this weekend? I suspect that around here, we'll have a lot more of this:

 Reading (That's the new Donna Andrews book, The Good, the Bad, and the Emus)
 Napping (not on Saturday, since Rebecca will be here, but hopefully on Sunday)
 And checking out the new desk

I hope you have plans to do something fun!

3 comments:

  1. Right now I'm trying to get my 4 year old Nook to work properly again. It's a long story full of anguish, so I'll stop with that statement. I just bought the new Donna Andrews book to read and am hoping soon to be doing that this weekend.

    Thanks for the lovely kitty pictures. They're an antidote to computer/e-reader frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain--I'm currently dealing with a dying refrigerator. It's so hard when the machines turn on us...

      I hope you get your Nook to work soon! (And if you do, we're hoping to have the Nook version of Circle, Coven & Grove ready soon.)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see the new desk so highly approved of!
    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis