Friday, April 18, 2014

Feline Friday: The Nasty Cold Version

I've had a nasty cold for over a week. I'm calling it The Cold that Would Not Die because I can usually chase those suckers off in a couple of days with a lot of garlic, Vitamin C, echinacea, and zinc lozenges. The cold itself is mostly annoying--started with a sore throat for a couple of days, then segued into the popular "constant nose-blowing, head-like-a-brick" type. The worst thing about it is that is seems to make the people who have it (I've compared notes with a few friends) feel like someone took the stuffing out of them. In short, other than going in to work, I've gotten virtually nothing done. Bah.

So mostly, there has been some variation on this most days:
Sometimes that cat and the book are on the couch, but really, that's been about it. On the bright side, I get to reread lots of favorite humorous romances and call it research. Right?

Achooo!

Sorry. Hope you're having a good week. Everyone stay healthy, okay?

13 comments:

  1. The Cold That Would Not Die has been going around here too. We've been calling it the Spanish Cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why--does it make you sneeze with an accent? I hope you feel better!

      Delete
  2. I as well am a suffer! Hating illness, this keeps coming back....Reading to fevered dreamland is all the activity I've caught! Be well soon! xDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief--it's the damned plague! Feel better.

      Delete
  3. We have the same thing going on in our house too! Ick! Love the pic :) Looks like it's a good day to stay in a cuddle with the kitties. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's everywhere! (Sadly, that actually makes me feel better.) Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  4. The housemate got sick on her 2nd day of vacation. She's still sick, a week later. Luckily for the other housemate and me, she is very conscientious about washing her hands. We are well so far (knock wood).

    Hope you get well soon! And yes, it's definitely research!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried using a neti pot? It's a lifesaver when it comes to head colds. Be Well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, neti pots just seem to aggravate my sinuses and make them worse, although I have lots of friends who love them. I use Simply Saline instead, which is a saline nose spray.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry that you're suffering with a cold. I'm a firm believer in gargling with salt water to help in fighting a cold, along with zinc and lots and lots of hot liquids. Sometimes I get sick of tea and have hot apple juice. I think the hot liquid helps break up any congestion you might have.

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, me too, although I read that gargling with salt water doesn't actually do anything, because it doesn't reach far enough down the throat. But zinc lozenges, you bet.

      Delete
    2. Gargling with salt water is great for soothing your throat if you've been coughing, and it can sometimes help clear gunk out depending on where the gunk is stashed.

      That said, if it goes on for more than a week, it's not a cold, it's a flu bug. And if it progresses to any chest pain issues, go see your doc to make sure you haven't got pneumonia.

      Delete

ShareThis