Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another Fabulous Weekend!

I know--it is shocking to think about it, but I actually had two weekends in a row that were not solely dedicated to writing, cleaning, tending the garden, or other "work" things. Last weekend I had a lovely Saturday visit from my friend Robin and her kids, Sophie and Nate. (You remember the pumpkin decorating, right?)


This past weekend, I got a spur-of-the-moment visit from pals Terry and Glen. Terry and Glen used to live here in Oneonta, many years ago. Terry and I went to the same college and took a bunch of the same classes. My boyfriend at the time was in Germany studying for his Masters, and Glen was in the Army, stationed in Alaska. Terry and I became bosom buddies, something that never changed over the years, despite their eventual move to Connecticut. Terry is a big-deal in business now, and Glen is a social worker, but they are both some of the nicest people you could ever hope to call friends.

We didn't do anything special, really--went into town so they could visit the shop
drove around town to see their old stomping grounds, enjoy the scenery (Oneonta has some amazing old houses), and admire the colors of the changing leaves. Then we went out to a lovely dinner, came home and...yes, you guessed it...decorated pumpkins. What can I say? I had so much fun doing it with Robin and the kids last weekend, I've decided it is a theme for the season. You walk through my door, you color a pumpkin.



You can't tell we were having fun, can you?

There is nothing like spending time with the people you love. What did you do this weekend that brought you joy?



4 comments:

  1. Well, I spent time with my good friend Hobbes. I spent time looking out at the ocean. We ate good food. Given that my "weekend" is continuing, I also tried on some great clothing and bought a few pieces, found a cobalt blue wool beret to replace the one that got lost by the movers a few years ago (!!!!), had dinner with some friends who are very special to me, looked out at the ocean some more and while I didn't see whales I did see a lot of migrating pelicans (they look like pterosaurs!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much this weekend as this Monday. My brother and his partner came out from Las Vegas, mostly to visit with our grandmother since we're not sure how much longer we're going to have her. My brother is the house manager for Absinthe at Caeser's Palace, and the show is dark on Mondays and Tuesdays, so that's why the odd timeframe for the visit. They arrived Monday afternoon and headed back home yesterday. My parents hosted dinner at their house which was them, the boys, me and my roommate who's also a good friend of my mom's and been hearing about my brother for years - finally got to meet him! I hadn't seen the boys for about a year and a half, so it was REALLY good to get to visit with them. And the laughter turned into /hysterics/ more than once - we're a demented and crazy group. ^__^ It didn't help, too, that my brother's partner is a stand-up comedian. No, really! He's been doing comedy clubs and even a few competitions for the past year. He's still really new, but he's /very/ funny. Though to be fair to the rest of us, that night, we were /all/ comedians at one point or other. Haha. To say that a good time was had by all would be an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow--that sounds great! Nothing like having a comedian in the family :-)

      Delete

ShareThis