Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Black Friday: The Jewelry Edition

Let me start by saying that I hate shopping. I know...that's practically un-American, and un-womanly...but there you are. I also really dislike the concept of spending a lot of money on things made in China or elsewhere, when there are all sorts of wonderful gift items made right here. I am a big believer in shopping locally (keeping the money in the community) and buying items made/created by local folks whenever possible. Of course, this may have something to do with why I run The Artisans' Guild, featuring the work of 50+ local and regional artists and craftspeople. Including, of course, my jewelry.

A few folks have expressed interest in buying my jewelry here, rather than through Etsy (which is unwieldy to use from my point of view, although it does a good job of making things simple-ish for the buyer). So here's what we're going to do. I'm probably going to put more jewelry up on Etsy next week sometime (after I survive Black Friday and Support Small Business Saturday at the shop...which actually can be pretty pleasant and much lower key than being at the mall or someplace), but in the meanwhile, I'm going to run my own little Black Friday sale right here.

I've never tried this before...so it is an experiment. We'll see how it goes. Here's how it will work:

I'm going to put up a bunch of pictures of jewelry, with info about the stones, the length, and the original price. Then I'll put up the sale price that will be good through the end of Friday the 23rd. 

If you want to buy a piece, FIRST leave a comment saying so here, so other folks will know that piece is taken. (Almost everything I make is one of a kind, although I can often do something similar.) THEN email me at magicmysticminerva at yahoo to arrange payment and tell me where to ship it. If you want me to make earrings to go with any necklace, I can do that too.

Payment can be made through Paypal (easy peasey) or I'll take personal checks if you don't want to use a charge card there. As soon as the check clears, I'll send out the jewelry. Shipping will probably run about $5.00 for most sales, unless I am sending it out of the country. 

BONUS GIFT: Anyone who spends over $100 will also receive  (if they want one) a signed copy of my new book, Everyday Witch Book of Rituals (which I will happily sign to you or a friend) or any one of my earlier books. Folks who aren't interested in the witchcraft books can get a free copy of my eBook Witch Ever Way You Can


So, here are the pieces:
 Tree agate leaf necklace with Czech glass beads
22" long, $75
$62

Tree agate leaf earrings (sterling silver earwires) $30
$25 


Red Jasper shell necklace/20" long/$75 $62
Red Jasper faceted necklace/16" long/$56 $49 
Red Jasper twist earrings (gold filled earwires) $28 $23 [Note: Red Jasper is great for protection]

 Peach Aventurine leaf w/ white agate necklace & gold filled beads/16" long/$56 $49
(matching earrings available $26 $21 gold filled earwires) {slightly orangy-er than in the picture)
Tree Agate shell necklace/22" long/$75 $62

Pewter twist earrings with green Czech glass & sterling silver wires $28 $23
Carnelian dragon with carnelian, black onyx &pewter beads/22" plus drop/$89 $72
Fancy Jasper circle necklace/22"/$79 $64 Fancy Jasper circle earrings (gold wires) $30 $25
 Turquoise drop earrings with coral (sterling) $32 $26
Pewter lady moon with crystal drop, turquoise and coral necklace/18" plus drop/ $85 $72

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the pieces, and pretty please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested! Happy shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis